THE LIBRARY OF THE INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
The Library of the Institute of Social Sciences is a specialized scientific library. It was founded in 1957. as a part of the Department of Archiving.
The library has a collection of 136.700 units of local and foreign monographs, serial publications, periodicals and reference books (encyclopedias, dictionaries, yearbooks, bibliographies). A special part of the holdings is comprised of the 35.000 books inherited after the closing of the Institute of Economy of Federal People’s Republic of Yugoslavia and a collection of scientific journals given to the Library as a gift of the Ford foundation.
Our users include researchers and scientific associates of the Institute as well as the employees of other institutes and the University of Belgrade.
The library cooperates with the National Library of Serbia, the University Library „Svetozar Marković“, and a number of specialist libraries. It is one of the founding members of the Librarian Section of the Association of Institutes of Serbia.
Librarian: Vesna Jovanović