Senior Research Associate
PhD in Demography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, 2008
MA in Demography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, 2003
BA in Geography, Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade, 1997
- Migration (forced migration, irregular migration, migrant entrepreneurship, migration and ageing)
- Spatial aspects of demographic processes
Dr. Vesna Lukić’s research interests are in the area of migration, its determinants and consequences, the effects of structural and personal factors within migration, and the interrelation between various forms of population mobility. She has especially focused on studying forced migration. By examining issues of various migration patterns from the point of view of labour force structure, settlement network and spatial disparities in development, she also perceives gender as a relevant aspect of migration. Further, her research interests include immigrant integration and migration polices.
She has published a large number of scientific papers in this field of expertise in the relevant international and national journals.
Membership in professional organizations:
- Committee for Population Studies - Department of Social Studies of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- European Association for Population Studies (EAPS)
- Association of Demographers of Serbia